DAC Re-Opening June 1, 2020
Hello everyone! I have some important updates to share with you in anticipation of re-opening the DAC to in person programming June 1, 2020. I have met with the Health Department, shared with them our guidelines and internal controls, and have the approval to offer in person programming while following the guidelines in our re-opening plan and the recommendations of our county health department and our Governor.
Please note that Playworks will be Re-Opening in June as well and you will be contacted by Playworks Staff to resume your therapies. Additional safeguards will be put in place for therapies including entering and exiting through the Gymnasium. Your therapist will go over Playworks guidelines with you.
Please review the DAC Phases of Re-Opening that is attached here (DAC Phases of Work and Programming COVID) and was sent to you several weeks ago. We will be moving into Phase 2. In addition to the guidelines outlined in this document, please note the additional safeguards:
- Please take your temperature BEFORE coming to the DAC. If you have a temperature of over 100 degrees please STAY HOME.
- If you are showing ANY signs of illness DO NOT attend programs or come to the DAC.
- Your temperature will be taken again upon arriving at the DAC and you will be asked a few questions upon arrival. If your temperature is over 100 degrees or your answers to the questionnaire indicate you may be exposed to illness, you will need to leave the center immediately and return home.
- It is recommended that you see a doctor if fever or signs of illness persist. You may be asked to provide a doctors slip to return to the DAC.
- DO NOT arrive to the center more than 30 prior to a class or program start time to eliminate congregating and unnecessary gathering. Likewise, you must have transportation arranged to depart the center NO MORE than 30 minutes following a class.
- ALL DAC programs and classes will take place in the Banquet Hall to allow for social distancing. Class size is a MAXIMUM of 20 at this time (not including instructors but does include parent or support staff).
- Follow all signage throughout the building including social distancing recommendations, wearing of face coverings, and room capacities.
- Adhere to social distancing while at the DAC.
- Face coverings are required while at the DAC.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly when using the restroom, preparing lunch, and use good judgement to wash hands numerous times throughout the day.
- Building staff, program assistants, and laundry assistants will have increased assigned duties to clean and sanitize high touch areas multiple times a day. You can do your part to clean up after yourself and practice good hygiene throughout the day.
- Be kind to one another. Err on the side of caution always. We all may have different views or levels of concern about this situation but we must be respectful of one another and adhere to these guidelines for our collective safety.