#Higherground Building Fund and DAC Relocation
Our center has been so blessed with support since the flooding in June 2021. Thanks to tremendous support from our state, county, and city representatives, generous grantors, and faithful donors, the DAC has selected and is securing the funds for relocation to our new facility at 448 Leonard Ave. in Fairmont.
Once the facility has been purchased, renovations will begin to allow for a seamless transition of programs from our current site at 102 Benoni Ave. to our new location.
We will keep you abreast of the status of renovations and a possible move date to the new location. There is still much work to be done and funds still to be secured. We appreciate your support throughout this process and there are still many ways you can help:
- We are still accepting donations and actively seeking grants to help with the renovations of the new facility. Donations can be made directly to the DAC at 102 Benoni Ave. Fairmont; to the DAC Building Fund C/O WesBanco Bank, 301 Adams St. Fairmont, WV 26554; or via the established GoFundMe by following the link: https://gofund.me/93cceaa4.
- Consider volunteering to help pack the many offices and classrooms of the DAC when the time comes (moving will be coordinated through a moving company).
- Pray for our center, staff, clients, and families as we work together to make this move to a safer, healthier environment for many years to come.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Mask Policy
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases throughout our region, the DAC will require mask use when participating in group, indoor activities, regardless of vaccination status. Staff and volunteers are not required to wear masks when working independently in their private offices, however, masks will be required in all common areas and group activities, until further notice.
The DAC will continue to follow all CDC and Health Department guidelines pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please stay tuned for updates and recommendations.
GO! Get Outdoors Activities
September 8th 12-3 p.m. Homestead Farm Center
October 13th: 1-3 Fall Theme
NOTE: YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE FOR ALL GO ACTIVITIES. SPACE AND TRAVEL IS LIMITED.
Friday Night Outs-September and October 2020
The September 10th Friday Night Out will be sponsored by the Homestead Farm Center. Updates will be given regarding the location of the activity (may be outdoors), but you can guarantee a delicious meal from our friends at the Homestead.
The October 29th Friday Night Out will be our Halloween Trunk or Treat. Due to overwhelming success last year, we will invite friends and partners to decorate their trunks and hand out candy in the front parking lot!
There will be fun and games for all!
Experience IT Co-Op
Full STEM Ahead and Creative Arts
A partnership of the DAC and Homestead Farm Center
The DAC and HFC are pleased to continue the very successful Full STEM Ahead and Creative Arts classes that include:
- Abilibots will be on a BREAK this fall and will be replaced with exciting new STEM classes including Geography, Science Detectives, and More.
- Assistive Technology/Computer Lab on Wednesday mornings from 10-12 noon
- Try This Thursday (TTT) on Thursday from 10-11:30 a.m.
September TTT: Print Making-Cynthia Garcia
October TTT: Paleontology and Archeology
- Tuesday Morning Enrichment Classes will continue through Fall following a similar 4 week schedule as Try This Thursday from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
Tuesdays in September: Geography
Tuesday in October: STEM
Try This Thursday classes will be 4 weeks blocks of amazing programming including music, home economics, STEM, photography, theatre, board games, and much more. Check the calendar for full details and descriptions of classes.